Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Utah 2007 Motorcycle Ride - Day 6

Torrey, Capitol Reef, Arches, Moab



I woke up at about 5:00 and couldn't get back to sleep. The sun wasn't up yet so I decided to throw on some clothes and try my hand at some sunrise photography. Unfortunatly, I didn't put the liner in my mesh jacket, and I didn't put on my warn riding gloves. It was much colder than I thought it would be, and after 8 miles I was very cold, so I stopped at a good spot and took some pictures.

We have a pretty easy ride today. We rode to Capitol Reef National Park which is only a few miles away. We rode the scenic road, then stopped in the park to watch a deer feeding on the well groomed lawn. Other than the tiny white flies it would have been perfect.

We continued on towards Moab on highway 24, but once we turned north, the road was flat and absolutly straight. I wouldn't have much to report except that my Black Crushable Leather Stetson - size Large blew off my bike somewhere on the way to Green River. (Did you get that info kids? It's only 3 days to Father's day).

I felt so dumb for loosing the hat. I'd stuck it under my pack thinking that we were stopping pretty soon, but we decided to go all the way to Green River and I forgot about the hat. Man I loved that hat.

As we headed toward Moab the temperatures really started climbing. By the time we got to the turn for Canyonlands, we realized we weren't going to be able to do 2 parks, so we opted just to go to arches. There wasn't much of a line so we headed right in. We did a few turnouts and hiked up to see delicate arch. We drank all the water I had in my saddlebags after 2 hours so we headed for the hotel to check in.

My friends went for an evening ride, but I opted to stay here and write up the last few days and sort through photos.

Morning photos as the sun rose




A fake police car in Torrey with a dummy in it

Our hotel in Torrey

Highway 24 dropping down into Capitol Reef National Park

A big Oak tree in the park at Capitol Reef

The scenic drive through Capitol Reef

Driving on the highway out of Capitol Reef

My friends as we got close to Arches

Arches National Park
 

No comments:

Post a Comment