Sunday, June 10, 2007

Utah 2007 Motorcycle Ride - Day 3

Blandng - Natural Bridges



I spent a great time with my Grandmother. My brother and his family had to leave at 8:30 but we talked for quite a while.

I attended church with Grandma. After 4 years as ward clerk with 2-3 hours of meeting before church, it was wonderful to just attend a regular 3 hour block then go home.

In the afternoon I took a ride out to Natural Bridges National Monument. The road out has some really great views and a few very unique passes.

The monument has a 9 mile loop drive with great views of 3 bridges. You can hike to each of those bridges and several others that aren't viewable from the road. 2 of the bridge overlooks have well paved paths that you could even take a wheelchair down to.

I took 2 hikes and sat on one of the park benches for 40 minutes just reading and listening to the wind whistling through the canyons. I don't know why, but there's no sound quite like the wind going through trees and canyons.

I rode back to my Grandmothers and spent the evening talking and eating her home made cherry pie and ice cream. The cherries are from her own tree. Life doesn't get any better.




My brother and his family eating Breakfast
 
Grandma and my brother's son
 
My brother and son playing with the marble ladder 
 
His family and Grandma in the traditional Grandma's house pose 
 
The next family biker 
 
Me and my brother (I'm the one with only a little gray). 
 
Bicentennial highway on the way to Natural Bridges 
 
Looking back at the pass through the escarpment 
 
Places I used to go with my father 
 
One lane road looping through the monument 
 
Natural Bridge 
 
Cliff Dwelling 
 
Another Bridge 
 
Last Bridge
 
Salvation hill pass 
 
Back up the escarpment 
 
Blue mountain near Blanding 

No comments:

Post a Comment